Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Deal or No Deal Review


Deal or No Deal, NBC's new week long game show, has really impressed me. Here's a rundown on the major topics of the show.

Host: Comedian Howie Mandel was named host for the show. When it was announced, I didn't know who he was, so I had no idea how he was going to work with the show. I found out Monday night. He did an EXCELLENT job. He worked well with the contestants, and gave more hype to the show. He really went along with it well, and even making jokes here and there. I thought he was a fabulous host, and if more shows are ordered, I hope he stays.

Set: The set on the show is very nice. You have your bright colors, along with a nice surrounding atmosphere. One feature I like a lot is when the phone rings. The floor actually turns colors and well as the phone holder. The set is very nice.

Gameplay: Deal or No Deal probably has one of the most easy concepts on a game show I've seen. It is very easy to pick up and follow along with. Basically, the contestant picks a suitcase, picks some more suitcases, pick deal or no deal from the banker, and repeat. The game requires to bit of knowledge or skill. This game focuses on luck, and with that, making tough decisions. I love the gameplay, and it can easily be picked up by anyone walking down the street.

Pacing: The pacing of this game is crucial. When watching this show, you are on the edge of your seat, or up screaming at the TV. This show is so suspenseful, and it really grabs your attention easily. Sometimes this show's pacing will kill you, mainly due to commercial breaks right before making tough decisions or opening a case. I hate the commercials!

Random notes:

-The audience for the show is TERRIFIC! They really go along with the show well and build up the hype. Sometimes Howie evens asks for their opinions.
-When you are a contestant, you have your family right up on stage with you to help with your decisions. That way, you can blame everything bad on them! :D
-I like the aspect that The Banker calls you on the phone, and you don't see him at all. It adds more to the effect, in my opinion. Hopefully he will be revealed on the show's last episode, though.

Well, that is about everything. Overall, the show is GREAT! Tune in all this week at 8 for more Deal or No Deal. You will be hooked as I am!

Oh Yeah, and my rating for the show. I'm giving it a 9/10, because I hate the commercial breaks!

Photo courtesy of NBC.com.

No comments: