Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Chapter 4:Sliding, Chilling, Swimming, and Relaxing

In the morning of the second day, we all slept in after a late night the night before. I woke around 9:30 to our first full day in the Sunshine State. I was excited, mainly that today would be our first day at a park, which means it's time to ride. However, our first trip to a park would not happen until later on in the afternoon. After everyone got up and was ready to go, we started off our morning by heading out to get breakfast and drive around our resort's property to see what was actually there, what we couldn't do the night before. As we wandered the property, all I thought was "holy crap this place is huge". The resort consists of many different developments that each have their fair share of rooms. After looking around at how huge the resort itself was, we made our way over to the Clubhouse, where we had our first breakfast of the trip. I had some scrambled eggs and bacon, which were delicious, along with freshly-squeezed orange juice :P. After a very nice breakfast, I looked around the Pro Shop at all the golf related items they had. They had quite a variety of items, from hats to shirts to clubs to balls. I really wanted to play some golf on this trip, but I didn't know if it was going to happen. Anyway, after the Pro Shop, we hopped back in the car and continued to explore the property. There was some MAJOR construction going on at our resort, as many of the different "developments" the resort had weren't even finished. After doing some more exploring, we went back to the room to grab our suits, as we would be starting our day over at the resort's water park. After everyone was ready, we all hopped back in the car and made our way over. It was around 10:oo AM now, and since the water park had just opened, we didn't think many people would be there, and luckily we were right. When we got there, we basically had the park to ourselves, which was amazing. We grabbed some towels at the entrance and continued to walk into the park. Once we were in, we found a few lounge chairs so we could put down all of our things. Before I jumped it, I just looked around the park. I seriously thought I was on a tropical island. The setting was extremely natural, with plenty of shrubs, trees, and scenery to make you think you really were on an island. And, while I was just gazing around, I heard a very familiar sound come over the park's speaker system. Just what was it though? None other than the Red Hot Chili Pepper's Dani California of course :P. I was now ready to jump in. We all first headed over to the lazy river for a few nice laps around. I jumped into the almost person-less lazy river to cool off on a hot Florida day. The lazy river was very nice, complete with four waterfalls, a tunnel, and of course, lush scenery. After two laps of relaxation, we all decided to head over to the main event of the park, their slide. We got out of the lazy river and climbed up the large number of stairwells to the top of rock "mountain". Since, as I said before, the park was deserted, there was no one on or waiting to go on the slide. Just how I like it. I jumped into the starting platform (it was a body slide, built into this rock "mountain") and pushed off the side of the slide. The slide sends you twisting and turning down inside this rock formation. Around and around I went until I hit that last crazy curve and flew into the water. The slide was pretty fun, and you actually gain quite a bit of speed, especially towards the end and at the final curve. Anyway, we all did the slide a few times (STILL no one on the slide), until we finally decided we had enough and decided to walk around the park and enjoy the paradise it seemed to be like. As we walked around, we heard another song that I like, Gnarls Barkley's Crazy :P I needed to figure what radio station this was. Anyway, we ended up back at the slide, and we all wanted to go to check out the kiddie playground. The quickest route seemed to be down the slide, so that's what we did! Once we were all at the bottom, we were basically at the entrance to the kiddie playground. I don't care what you say, these things can be so much freaking fun! This one was bigger than I expected it to be, so I climbed up and checked it out. While I was up there, I decided to go down the biggest slide they had. Sure it was slow, but it was still pretty fun! I used the water guns on the structure to squirt people as they went down :P After playing around for a while on the kiddie structure, we decided to head back to the main pool to relax for a bit. I chilled in an inner tube as I went around the pool. After chilling in the pool, going on the slide a few for times, and taking another lap on the lazy river, it was about time to call it day, at the water park that is. As we all dried off, another song that I like came over the radio, Over My Head by The Fray :lol: I definitely NEEDED to know this station. Anyway, after we all dried off, we threw our towels in the bin, and headed out of the water park around 1:oo PM. It was 3 hours full of sliding, chilling, swimming, and relaxing. What an amazing day to start off the day.

After the water park, we hopped back in the car and cruised back to our room. We all got changed, as we were ready for our trip to the Magic Kingdom coming up next! However, we would grab a bite to eat at the McDonald's in Champions Gate Village, which I mentioned earlier. I got what I always get at McDonald's, Chicken Selects. At McDonald's, they had Strawberry Fanta, which I had never seen before, so I decided to try it. It was actually much better than I expected it to be. I don't know if it's new or they don't have it New Jersey or something (wouldn't be a surprise), but would like to get my hands on some more of it. :P Anyway, after a quick lunch, it was time to set out for the Magic Kingdom! Yay! I was definitely ready for our first theme park of the trip (finally!) It was about time. We made the 5 minute drive to the Walt Disney World gate. (it was very convinient that our resort was so close to WDW) Once inside, you could feel the magic in the gate. Billboards and road signs pumped me up for the Magic Kingdom, just ahead! It was finally time!

No comments: